Are you facing an unplanned pregnancy? Are you worried about the future?
It can be tempting to make a snap decision by obtaining the abortion pill for an at-home abortion.
But before you purchase the abortion pill on your own, there are some things you should know.
All Abortion Pills Have Risks
All medical procedures come with risks, and abortion is no exception.
When taking the abortion pill, your body may react differently than someone else’s. Women who use certain types of birth control, have allergies to the abortion pill ingredients, or take certain medications should not take the abortion pill for safety reasons, for example.
In general, the abortion pill can cause the following symptoms:
- Abdominal pain
- Infection that can lead to sepsis or pelvic shock
- Incomplete abortion
- Failed abortion
Not all abortion pills are the same.
When third-party sources sell the abortion pill online, they bypass the FDA regulation process. This means that there is no accountability for the medication you are purchasing. It could be contaminated with harmful bacteria, contain fillers or different ingredients, or even be expired.
There is no way of verifying where medication originates when purchased online.
Don’t Feel Rushed
You should never purchase the abortion pill because you feel rushed to decide. The outcome of your pregnancy is a life-altering choice. It is worth taking the time to research and confirm what is best for you.
If you feel like your life is spiraling out of control, take a deep breath. Pregnancy is never forever. This season that you are walking through is just a season–regardless of what you choose to do next.
Instead of trying so hard to undo the chaos, it might be helpful to embrace it. Choose to let it be a good, strengthening part of your story.
Before you choose the abortion pill, here are some things you should do:
- Get an ultrasound to confirm how far along your pregnancy is (this can determine your eligibility for the abortion pill).
- Ask questions about your alternatives to abortion.
- Find out if you can afford an abortion.
- Research whether or not adoption might be a better financial option for you.
- Process in a journal what you feel about your pregnancy and why you are considering an abortion.
- Look for what types of support you might find if you choose to parent your child.
Let Us Help
At our clinic, we can help you with all of the above. We offer free ultrasound and pre-abortion counseling. Call us today to schedule your confidential consultation.